- 14 oz canned Hearts of Palm drained and chopped
- 14 oz canned Artichoke Hearts drained and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp Italian parsley minced
- 2 Tbsp dried onions
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- light extra virgin olive oil for frying
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for hearts of palm cakes, mixing well.
In a shallow dish, mix together all ingredients for crust.
Divide hearts of palm cake mix into eighths, form into patties. Patties will be loose.
Place in crust mix and pat on both sides. Transfer to a large baking sheet. Repeat with all.
Freeze cakes for 20-30 minutes.
Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
Working in two batches, fry cakes in olive oil for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
Serve immediately with garlic aioli, lemon wedges, and fresh bean sprouts.